Monday, July 16, 2012

Unwanted Love

My friend told me he loved me, and since I have no one to actually tell it to, I'll tell it to you (un)lucky reader!   It all started off normally, us just hanging out in my living room, and me trying to ignore him. Right now, we're going through a rough patch in our friendship (he's overly clingy and I get annoyed easily). Sooner or later, we started to converse. He came around 3pm and at 1am, when I was considering kicking him out, he asked me "Hey Denise, you hate when people hide things from you right?"

I had looked at him weird, and said, "Yes, because it usually gets back to me at some point."

He made a sound and kept looking at his phone. "Do you have something you want to say to me?" He smiled and I knew right then, that the night was about to be ruined.

It took him some time to formulate his thoughts and during that time, I sat away from him. To make this go faster, I'll skip to the important parts.

When he was ready, he said, "I never believed in love..."

In my head: Oh boy.

And from there, he confessed how I changed his life (I helped him through his depression) and when he started liking me and that I was this and that, blah, blah, blah. I honestly didn't care, because I have rejected him twice before. This time however, was the first time he said love and I asked him, "What was my response from before?" He made a face after that. A few minutes later, he followed me to my room, because I didn't want to be near him. He kept saying he loved me and he would do anything for me. He kept saying he would change for me, that all I had to do was say what I didn't like.

I stared at him and yelled "Remember how I told you not to change for anyone but yourself?" He had nodded, his figure leaning against the door frame of my door. I was looking through my closet, trying to distract myself from him, in hopes he would leave me the hell alone, but instead, he stayed in that spot and continued talking.

At this point, I snapped. I called him pathetic for not being able to take the word no and for purposely keeping himself in hopeless situations. I told him to give up because nothing was going to change.

He said he wouldn't give up and that he wasn't pathetic. He said he was afraid of loneliness. I turned away from the closet and glared at him.

"Brandon, you're 16 and acting as if you'll never love again. You don't know how many people you'll go through by the time you're 50. How many people's hearts you'll break or how many times your heart was broken. You're acting as if me saying no and Arienne saying no is a sign that no one will ever love you."

Him: "But I'm afraid that you'll get hurt. That the guy won't treat you as good as me."

Me: "At the first sign of anything, I'll dump the bitch. Plus, it's my choice not yours. I just don't want to go out with you and nothing you can say can change that."

He then says he's mad that I won't give him a chance and blah. Honestly, we continued for a couple or 20 minutes before he decided he should leave.

At the door, he says he loved me and I just hummed. He hugged me and was sadden that I didn't hug back (I rarely do). When the door was opened, I just smiled and told him to have a safe trip and goodbye. He stared at me and then left, bidding his goodbye in the hallway.

Ugh. I hate when shit like this happens. Give me advice someone!   

No comments: